Table of Contents
Key Highlights: Indian Shooters Clinch Gold at ISSF World Championships
- India’s Esha Singh and Shiva Narwal secure 10m air gun mixed team gold by defeating Turkish opponents.
- They outperformed Ilayda Tarhan and Yusuf Dikec 16-10 in a thrilling gold-medal match.
- India’s medal tally rises to two, with a gold and a bronze.
- China leads the medal count with five gold and two bronze medals.
- Impressive qualification round scores of 290 and 293 for Esha and Narwal, totaling 583.
- China and Iran tied at 580, but China’s better “inward 10s” secured them third place.
- Disappointing performance for India’s rifle shooters in 10m air rifle mixed team event.
- India’s Mehuli Ghosh and Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar finish 10th in the qualification round.
- Parinaaz Dhaliwal, Ganemat Sekhon, and Darsha Rathore finish fourth in the women’s skeet event.
- USA and Italy secure top positions in skeet competition with impressive scores.
The Indian couple crushed the Turkish sets of Ilayda Tarhan and Yusuf Dikec 16-10 in the gold-decoration match to take the country’s awards count to two.
Shooters Esha Singh and Shiva Narwal carried cheers to the India camp, securing the 10m air gun blended group gold by overcoming Turkey in the last of the ISSF Big showdown here on Friday.
The Indian team crushed the Turkish sets of Ilayda Tarhan and Yusuf Dikec 16-10 in the gold-award match to take the country’s decorations count to two.
India are as of now put second on the decorations table with a gold and a bronze award, while China is driving the count with five gold and two bronze decorations.
The Indians shot eminently in the capability round with Esha scoring 290 and Narwal 293. Their total score of 583 assisted them with garnishing the capability round and pushed Turkey to second place with a total of 581.
- Report: Russian drone specialists hid in Tehran lodging during supposed Mossad strike
- F-16 Aircraft Allegedly Approved for Transfer to Ukraine from Denmark and Netherlands
- LA Law Enforcement Opposed Karen Bass. Now, She Aims to Increase Their Compensation
- Archery World Cup 2023 Stage 4: Indian men, women recurve teams clinch bronze medals in Paris
China and Iran both amassed 580 each however the previous was third after the capability round attributable to better “inward 10s”.
In any case, India’s rifle shooters thought of worse than average exhibitions, neglecting to cross the capability stage in the 10m air rifle blended group occasion.
The ladies’ skeet group excessively neglected to come to the decorations section, completing fourth.
The rifle blended group sets of Mehuli Ghosh (316.0) and Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar (314.2) collected 630.2 to complete 10th in the capability round, while the subsequent Indian sets of Ramita (313.7) and Divyansh Singh Panwar (314.6) accumulated 628.3 to end at seventeenth spot among 77 groups.
Just the best four groups on the occasion come to the finals.
The Chinese sets of Huang Yuting and Sheng Lihao, with a total score of 632.7, bested the capability followed by Iran (632.5), Israel (631.4) and France (631.4).
China proceeded to seal gold, overcoming Iran 16-2, while France won the bronze beating Israel 17-9.
Following China’s triumph on the occasion, they have taken their gold decoration count to five.
In the ladies’ skeet, the group containing Parinaaz Dhaliwal (118), Ganemat Sekhon (118) and Darsha Rathore (115) totaled 351, finishing fourth behind Slovakia, who won the bronze with a score of 359.
The USA opened their record in the competition with a top platform finish on the occasion, totaling 365, while Italy secured the silver decoration with 360 places.